Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Skipbo and Gingerbread Houses

We have some different traditions in our family when the holidays approach...every year the whole family gathers for a huge Skipbo tournament! I was never really into Skipbo until this last year. I suppose once you learn how to play and actually beat someone, you get sucked in for more! Anyway, this Skipbo party is completely professional. I'm talking rows of tables covered by white tents, dozens of Skipbo decks, catered food, trohphies and alcohol of course. The whole family, young and old, competes for the title of "winner"! Some of my cousins have been playing since they where 7 years old (I got a much later start in the game)!! It's loads of fun and a great time to catch up with everyone.














In addition to Skipbo we also get together with a bunch of the local cousins and make gingerbread houses. This has to be the kids favorite event by far! The get to make gingerbread houses piled high with candy with their cousins they absolutely adore. Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures...sorry!

No comments: