Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Chicago!

We had the pleasure of enjoying a little mini-vacation in Chicago...thanks to Nick's work!! Nick was invited to attend the NRA (National Restaurant Association) food show with the company he works for, and I was lucky enough to tag along. We ate great food, drank excellent wine, laughed a ton and probably came back 5 lbs heavier...oh, and did I mention this was all kid-free (thanks again Grammy for taking the kiddos)! After spending a long day at the food show on Saturday, I decided to venture out on my own and explore Chicago on Sunday. Take a peek at some of our photos...

Our first night out on the town...dinner, dancing and sparklers:-)
The gorgeous view from our hotel room (that's Lake Michigan you see)
My solo tour of the city...the "being", a riverboat tour, shopping and about 10 miles of walking!
Had to take a dip in Lake Michigan!


No comments: