Monday, September 7, 2009

So Long Summer...

School is officially here...at least for Masyn! Zain has one more week before the fun comes to an end!

Tomorrow Masyn will be entering the First Grade...crazy! Although if you met her, you'd think she was going into Fourth Grade!! To get ready for the big adjustment (waking up early, staying in school an extra 2 1/2 hours, the big kid playground, etc.) I have been staying up late doing lots of prep work! Mornings in our house are no fun...well, I guess I should just say when it comes to getting Masyn out of bed, it is a CHALLENGE! We have tried everything under the sun to get this girl out of bed peacefully. She lets her loud, annoying buzzer alarm ring for 20 minutes before she even bats an eye. She will easily go without breakfast if it means sleeping in for an extra 10-20 minutes (although I always pack her something to go, afterall breakfast is the most important meal of the day). So this year we are trying something new!!

Daddy Dollars...every morning she gets up on time, gets ready and does her morning chore she gets daddy dollars! And these are no ordinary dollars, they have daddy on them! And to top it off, they can buy much cooler things than real money!In addition to Daddy Dollars, I wanted to welcome Masyn home from First Grade with something special...her own "Homework Hideout". A place where she can do her homework without interuptions that is made especially for her! She's got supplies, school pictures, incentive charts and post-its to add her own touch to the board! WELCOME FIRST GRADE!!

3 comments:

Naomi said...

i love both these ideas!

kimmypie1 said...

oh my goodness you guys are TOO cute...and creative too!

-Kim

Cathi Hamen said...

very creative!